• Beware of MI Methylisothiazolinone This Could Be Destroying Your Skin

     

    http://www.agein.com/beware-of-mi-methylisothiazolinone-this-could-be-destroying-your-skin-3420

    Beware of MI (Methylisothiazolinone), which is used in cosmetics is causing an epidemic of allergies and severe skin reactions, always read the label.

    MI is a chemical that is used as a preservative in many skin treatments, as well as other beauty and household products, like cleaners, moist tissue wipes, deodorants, and shower gels, to prevent the growth of microbes. The chemical has been shown to cause a severe allergic reaction in humans, as was the case for the U.K. woman. In certain individuals, it can also cause contact dermatitis, which results in an itchy, uncomfortable, red rash. Other symptoms of an allergic reaction to MI include lumps and itchy eyes.

    If you do experience an allergic reaction to a skin treatment you’re using, no matter how small or minor it might feel, stop using it immediately. And don’t try treating the reaction with something else because you may make it worse. Instead, contact your dermatologist, who will be able to recommend the best treatment options based on your symptoms. Read more…